Today everyone is fond of eating cookies. Most of the cookies are made by maida flour which is extremely harmful to our health. All the food items prepared by maida are so tasty but have a lot of disadvantages. Maida is made by removing the protein, roughage materials, and the fiber from wheat bran and then this is mixed with benzoyl peroxide and added with chemicals like alloxan to soften the texture and thus the final product is laden with chemical constituents which are not friendly to the health of the human. Food items like biscuits, cookies are specially made out of maida and as mentioned above have a high glycaemic index. Hence it releases the sugar contained in it into the human blood channel fast that surge in sugar content.
The various nutritional benefits of millet are as follows:
- Millet is rich in proteins and makes a good protein source for vegetarians.
- Millet is high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Finger millet especially loaded with calcium, which is approximately thirty times more than rice.
- All millets are rich in fiber content which is easily digestible for kids and old age people.
- Sorghum is an energy dense gluten-free millet and tastes yummy as cookies, porridge, and pancakes.
- It helps in quick weight loss.
- Millets help to fight type-2 diabetes.
- Researchers find that magnesium-rich millet consumption can help lower the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Millets fight heart diseases- one of the phytonutrients amply present in millets is ligans. Ligands are known to be prebiotic fiber which is fermented in our gut by bacteria. As per the studies, upon fermentation, they yield enterolactone, a product which is known to protect against heart diseases and also some forms of breast cancers.
- Millets are also helpful to prevent gallstones.
- Millets help to reduce the wheezing problem in children
Cookie lovers have a choice of the best alternative. Cookies made up of millets are very good for the human body and they have numerous benefits. Millet is a grain that is tiny in size and round in shape and can be white, grey, yellow or red. Millet is considered a non-allergenic food and so is a great food for kids who may have food allergies. Millet is loaded with rich nutrients and adding it in a cookie is a great food for evening snack for kids and a guilt-free snack for adults.
For the natural and fresh millet cookies, visit www.vikkys.in